1. Have students take a moment to recall the slide show
they experienced during the previous lesson. Help them
recall the images and the information.
2. Inform the students that they will now read about the experiences
of child laborers similar to those they saw in the videos.
3. Distribute the stories to each of the students.
4. Take volunteers or assign students to read the stories out
5. Read through the selections taking time to reflect with
6. After completing the reading, lead a class discussion about
the stories. The discussion should focus on similarities among
the children, as well as elements that make each story different.
7. The teacher should create a graphic organizer on the board
to organize the ideas that emerge from the discussion. The
students should keep a similar graphic organizer in their notes.
As a closure to this activity, the teacher should help the
students recognize connections to the images they saw the
previous day and their experiences with the readings.
Students review what they learned.
ability of the students to make connections between the
readings will emerge from the discussion.